Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ endpoints seamlessly through the ConnectWise Automate.
This process results in automatic device registration to the conceal.io platform.
- ConnectWise Automate RMM
- Google Chrome version 101 and newer
- Microsoft Edge version 77 and newer
- Windows must be joined to Active Directory or Azure Active Directory
- Brave browser
- Microsoft Windows 10+
- Open your ConcealBrowse dashboard (https://dashboard.conceal.io) and navigate to the tab labelled Devices on the left side menu.
- On the Devices page, click Register New Device in the upper right hand corner.
- Once you click on Register a New Device, you will see two variables generated for the Conceal Company IDand Conceal Site ID
- Log into your Automate instance as an administrator
From Automate, open the desired client (double-click from the thick client)
Click on the Info tab, then the Conceal sub-tab
Add the Conceal Company ID and Conceal Site ID to Automate into the appropriate fields. Be sure to paste the values in the correct box
Optionally, check the Deploy Conceal checkbox to enable automatic deployment (Refer to Enable Automatic Deployment of Conceal section below)
Click on the Save Additional Information button under the tabs to save these values
View computers where Conceal has been installed or where deployment is needed
- From the Control Center, click on Groups
- Click on the Plus sign next to Conceal to expand that group to see the two additional sub-groups
Manually Install Conceal
To manually install Conceal, ensure that the Conceal Company ID and Conceal Site ID are configured for the client, and run the script Conceal->Install Conceal Add-in.
Manually Uninstall Conceal
Run the script Conceal -> Uninstall Conceal Add-in
Enable Automatic Deployment of Conceal
- Open the Internal Monitors tab from the Control Center by going to Automation -> Monitors and select the Internal Monitors tab.
- Search for “Conceal” to find the monitor quickly and double-click on that monitor to open it.
- Go to the Alerting tab and click Create a New Template.
- Name the alert template appropriately and click Add Alerts.
- Click New Alert in the top of this window.
- Configure the new Alert Item
- In the Alert Item Settings window, scroll down and select the checkbox next to Script under the Error column.
- Under Script Action, select the script “Conceal\Install Conceal Add-in”.
- Click the checkbox for Everyday.
- Under Contact, select “Alerts, Monitor”, or another suitable contact for your needs.
- Click Save to save the item.
- Click the Close button under the top toolbar to close the window
- Click Save and Close on the Alert Template Settings window to save the Alert Template
- Wait a moment for Automate to refresh, and then select the new Alert Template from the “Select an Alert Template” drop down box and click Save to save the monitor.
- This internal monitor will now attempt to automatically install Conceal on any Windows workstations where it is missing. That is, where the Conceal Company ID and Conceal Site ID are set, and the Deploy Conceal checkbox is checked. (Refer to Step 8 in Procedure section)
Enable or Disable Ticketing for the Installation Script
- Open the script Conceal -> Install Conceal Add-in.
- Double-click the first step and change the value for the @EnableTicketing@ parameter to either 1 or 0, where a value of 1 will enable ticketing for various installation issues, and 0 will disable ticketing.
- Click Save to save the script after setting the desired value.
*Never hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager for any questions or concerns. You may also open a support ticket at support.conceal.io by scrolling to the bottom and clicking Submit a request.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Deploy ConcealBrowse on Windows 10+ using Intune and Win32 app
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through ConnectWise Automate
- Conceal Firefox Release
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through Datto ComStore
- Deploy ConcealBrowse on Windows 10+ using Intune and MSI
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through the MSI
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome on most operating systems using Chrome Browser Cloud Management and Jumpcloud
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome on most operating systems using Chrome Browser Cloud Management
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome, Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ using NinjaOne/NinjaRMM and PowerShell
- Walkthrough for existing users moving to device based installation