Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ endpoints seamlessly through the Datto ComStore.
This process results in automatic device registration to the conceal.io platform.
- Datto RMM
- Google Chrome version 101 and newer
- Microsoft Edge version 77 and newer
- Windows must be joined to Active Directory or Azure Active Directory
- Brave browser
- Microsoft Windows 10+
- Open your ConcealBrowse dashboard (https://dashboard.conceal.io) and navigate to the tab labelled Devices on the left side menu.
- On the Devices page, click Register New Device in the upper right hand corner.
- Once you click on Register a New Device, you will see two variables generated for the Company ID and Site ID.
- Log into your Datto instance as an administrator.
- These IDs need to be put into your Datto instance, usually done through a specific Site. In the left-hand menu click Sites, select your Site, then click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Variables section. Click Add Variable. This is where you will insert the ConcealCompanyID and ConcealSiteID from the Conceal dashboard. *This is necessary in order for the extension to authenticate upon deployment. Please follow the variable names exactly as seen here or authentication will fail.
- In the left-hand menu click Automations -> ComStore
- Search for ConcealBrowse and you should see the ConcealBrowse[WIN] component. Click Add.
- In the dropdown menu on the left still in Automation, click Components.
- Locate the ConcealBrowse[WIN] component. Create a job to execute the component
- Ex: A Quick Job
- As devices check in to Datto, the job should run and Conceal should be deployed and authenticated to all supported browsers. If a customer later downloads a supported browser to their machine, Conceal will be automatically installed.
- Go to Components in your Datto instance.
- Search for ConcealBrowse and you should see the ConcealBrowse[WIN] component. Click Edit
- Scroll down to the Script section. You will need to change the /i flag to /x as seen in the screenshot below. Scroll down and Save.
- The CompanyID and SiteID are not necessary to fill out for the uninstallation.
- Re-run the job that holds this component and ConcealBrowse will be uninstalled on all browsers.
*Never hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager for any questions or concerns. You may also open a support ticket at support.conceal.io by scrolling to the bottom and clicking Submit a request.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Deploy ConcealBrowse on Windows 10+ using Intune and Win32 app
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through ConnectWise Automate
- Conceal Firefox Release
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through Datto ComStore
- Deploy ConcealBrowse on Windows 10+ using Intune and MSI
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through the MSI
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome on most operating systems using Chrome Browser Cloud Management and Jumpcloud
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome on most operating systems using Chrome Browser Cloud Management
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome, Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ using NinjaOne/NinjaRMM and PowerShell
- Walkthrough for existing users moving to device based installation