Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Google Chrome. Microsoft Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ endpoints seamlessly with Action1 RMM and PowerShell.
- Action1 RMM
- Microsoft PowerShell
Any edition of Windows 10 and 11 version 1709 and later
- Windows Home, and S mode are not supported
Google Chrome 101+
- Microsoft Edge version 77 and newer
- Windows must be joined to Active Directory or Azure Active Directory
- Brave browser
- You may download the Install-ConcealBrowse.ps1 PowerShell script from this article: Current ConcealBrowse PowerShell Script
- The script contains detailed documentation and examples for your review.
- Open your ConcealBrowse dashboard (https://dashboard.conceal.io) and navigate to the tab labelled Devices on the left side menu.
- On the Devices page, click Register New Device in the upper right hand corner.
- Once you click on Register a New Device, you will see two variables generated for the Company ID and Site ID. These will be used as arguments when executing the PowerShell script.
Step 1: Customize the script
- Open the Install-ConcealBrowse.ps1 script in your favorite editor, such as Visual Studio Code
- Scroll down to the Parameters section, approximately line 75
- For CompanyID and Site ID, paste in your unique IDs. Example below:
- You may review the documentation and adjust other parameters as needed
- Copy the content of the script, we will paste it into Action1
Step 2: Create a script policy
- Log into action1.com
- Click Script Library
- Click +New Script
- Name: Deploy ConcealBrowse Extension
- Description: we recommend linking to this article
- Click Next Step
- Language: PowerShell
- Paste the script from Step 1 here
- Action1 requires that we encapsulate the script by adding a line at the top and bottom
- At the top add
- At the bottom add
- The finished result will look like:
several hundred lines of script
- We are not able to use the Parameters section, leave it blank
- Click Next Step
- Search for one or more endpoints to test on
- Once endpoints are selected click Run Script
- The test will pass if the output is Success and the output shows informational data and registry entries created
- Click Finish
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- What are the different customization options in the Powershell script?
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through Datto ComStore
- ConcealBrowse MSI Installer - V 1.0
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through the MSI
- ConcealBrowse MSI Installer - V 0.1.8
- How to uninstall ConcealBrowse
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome, Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ using Action1 and PowerShell
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome, Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ using Intune and PowerShell
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome, Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ using Group Policy Objects and PowerShell
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome, Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ using Kaseya VSA and PowerShell