With ConcealBrowse 0.10.1 we are introducing new capabilities that allow the administrator to control the extension from their dashboard through a tab titled Extension Policy in the Policy section of the Conceal Dashboard. All settings are defaulted to Off. Settings do not cascade to sub-tenants, they need to be set for each tenant created.
This article is covering specifically Extension settings in the Policy section of the Conceal dashboard, for a full overview of the policy section, please refer to the article Navigating the Policy section of the ConcealBrowse Dashboard.
- Windows 10+
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- ConcealBrowse version 0.10.1+
- Open your web browser and navigate to the Conceal Dashboard at https://dashboard.conceal.io - login if necessary.
- On the left-hand side go to the Policy section, or you can go to https://dashboard.conceal.io/policy
- Click on the middle tab labeled Extension. This will pull up the different extension settings which we will explain in more detail below.
- First we will go over the first set of toggle options:
- User Preference option: Choosing this setting allows the end-user to control their experience. They may change their settings in the ConcealBrowse extension panel. Note: end-users cannot change their settings unless this option is selected. If On or Off is selected, their options will be disabled.
- Include url status entries: When turned On, the URL from a site the end-user visits will be stored in the local log (viewable from the extension help screen via View Logs). When this is turned OFF, the url will show as <redacted>. These logs are only visible to the user.
- Users will be forced directly to isolation: When turned On, a user entering isolation will not see the interstitial page that provides them with the option to return to the previous page or continue. Instead, they will see a brief loading screen and taken directly to isolation. When this is turned Off, the end-user will see this page.
- Safe isolation preview: When this setting is turned On, the end-user will have the option to see a preview of an isolated page along with additional information. When this setting is turned Off, the end-user will not be provided this option. Note: This setting requires the Users will be forced directly to isolation setting to be turned Off.
- Isolation details will be displayed: Turning this setting On will automatically open the information popup and show the end-user why a site went into isolation/pre-isolation. When this is turned Off, the end-user will have to open the popup by clicking Why? on the information panel in the lower-left hand side of the page. Note: Turning the Users will be forced directly to isolation setting to Off will not automatically turn this setting off. The two are mutually exclusive.
- Next we will go over the customizable text options. Anything inside of the quotes can be customized to your own personal messages.
- Isolation Page Context - Text to display when isolating a user from a website
"This website has been tagged as potentially malicious and might be dangerous. If you choose to continue, it will run in isolation so that your device is not put at risk"
- Policy Block Context - Text to display when blocking a user from a website due to policy
"This website has been flagged by your organizations policies to be blocked."
- Engine Block Context - Text to display when blocking a user from a BLOCK decision returned by the Engine
"This site is considered malicious and/or dangerous."
For more information on the Extension Settings for the User, please refer to this ConcealBrowse extension interface walkthrough article.
*Never hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager for any questions or concerns. You may also open a support ticket at support.conceal.io by scrolling to the bottom and clicking Submit a request.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- ConcealBrowse v0.11.0
- Managing ConcealBrowse Extension settings as an administrator
- Managing Users in ConcealBrowse
- Multi-Factor Authentication with ConcealBrowse
- Navigating the Audit section of the ConcealBrowse dashboard
- Navigating the ConcealBrowse Dashboard section
- Navigating the ConcealBrowse Reports Section
- Navigating the Devices section of the ConcealBrowse dashboard
- Navigating the Plugins section of ConcealBrowse
- Navigating the Policy section of the ConcealBrowse Dashboard