This guide will outline and explain the steps that need to be taken to move users that have installed the ConcealBrowse extension and logged in using username and password or single sign, over to a device based, silent install.
- ConcealBrowse version 0.7.0 or later
- Google Chrome and all Chromium based browsers
- Microsoft Edge
Before you begin
You will need administration access to the Conceal dashboard along with a silent deployment strategy in hand. Feel free to refer to the related documents at the bottom of this article to get more information on those requirements. There are very few steps that need to be taken to make this successful, but we want to make sure you understand what's going on behind the scenes as well.
- In your deployment solution, you can go ahead and deploy to the devices that already have the extension installed, and feel free to include new installs in this deployment as well.
- Once the extension has been deployed to the user's device, Conceal's backend servers will automatically get notified that this user has been switched to a device based install.
- The user should not notice any interruptions, the only difference from their perspective will be any new policies you may have enforced during the deployment process, and the user can no longer log out of the extension. If they can completely remove it is up to how you configure that in your deployment solution.
- Once you have verified that the users have are now device based, which you can do by checking the Devices tab on the Conceal dashboard, you can delete the users in the Conceal dashboard from the Users tab. Do NOT delete the administration accounts you are actively using in the dashboard or you will need to contact Conceal to regain access for any admin work.
If the user is logged in as a user based installation and the device deployment fails, and the user then tries to log in again with the username and password or SSO, this will not be successful and you will need to contact Conceal for support.
*Never hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager for any questions or concerns. You may also open a support ticket at support.conceal.io by scrolling to the bottom and clicking Submit a request.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Deploy ConcealBrowse on Windows 10+ using Intune and Win32 app
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through ConnectWise Automate
- Conceal Firefox Release
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through Datto ComStore
- Deploy ConcealBrowse on Windows 10+ using Intune and MSI
- Deploying ConcealBrowse through the MSI
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome on most operating systems using Chrome Browser Cloud Management and Jumpcloud
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome on most operating systems using Chrome Browser Cloud Management
- Deploy the ConcealBrowse extension to Chrome, Edge, and Brave on Windows 10+ using NinjaOne/NinjaRMM and PowerShell
- Walkthrough for existing users moving to device based installation