This guide will outline and explain the ConcealBrowse extension interface. This will go through all options and explain them in detail. You will need to have the extension installed and authenticated to view these options.
- In your web browser in the top right, click the puzzle piece icon to view your list of extensions.
Left - Edge
Right - Chrome
- Locate and click on the ConcealBrowse extension. We also recommend pinning the extension if not already done so for ease of visibility on your authentication status.
- This will open the Conceal extension. No matter what tab you're on, at the bottom of the extension you will see Protection is active. This is indicating that you are logged into the extension and ConcealBrowse is protecting your browser.
- Moving onto the Status tab which is selected by default upon opening the extension. This gives you insight into metrics that ConcealBrowse has collected for your registered device:
- URLs Scanned: How many URLs have been scanned on this device since ConcealBrowse has been turned on.
- Threats Detected: The number of times ConcealBrowse detected a threat on a malicious or potentially malicious site, also what is known as the pre-isolation page.
- Policy Block: The number of sites you attempted to access but were blocked by a policy set by administration.
- Isolated Sessions: The number of sessions that were placed in isolation due to Conceal detecting threats on the site.
- Click on the second tab labeled Settings. You will see a variety of settings to choose from.
- Always show overlay icon - This gives you the option to not have the Conceal icon in the bottom left corner while not in isolation. Keep in mind that when going to a risky site, it will always display regardless of this setting.
- Include URL in status entries - Turning this off means that your logs will show <redacted> on the URL in the logs and not share the URL.
- This is also where you have the button toward the bottom to Log Out of the extension. Doing so will stop all browsing until you are logged in or remove the extension.
- Click on the third tab labeled Help. Here is where you can gather information about the installed extension, your associated account information, and storage. Along with this is the option to View Logs. Refer to the Reading Logs article for more detailed information on the logs
- You are also able to switch between dark and light mode by clicking either the moon or light icon in the upper right hand corner.
*Never hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager for any questions or concerns. You may also open a support ticket at support.conceal.io by scrolling to the bottom and clicking Submit a request.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- ConcealBrowse extension interface walkthrough
- Does ConcealBrowse replace antivirus or EDR?
- Getting started with ConcealBrowse as an end user
- How do I find an extension ID?
- How do I know the latest version of ConcealBrowse?
- How do I reset my Conceal password?
- How does ConcealBrowse handle URL rewrites/redirects?
- How does ConcealBrowse work with other extensions?
- How is ConcealBrowse different than a standard VPN?
- How is ConcealBrowse different than CarbonBlack?