ConcealBrowse is a light weight browser extension that protects your browser against malware, phishing attempts, and credential theft by analyzing every URL accessed in the browser and placing you in a protected environment to continue safe browsing. Read more below in the Analyzing and Isolation section below.
This guide outlines what to expect and how to get started with the ConcealBrowse extension as it is deployed to your browser. This article assumes that your IT Staff has deployed the ConcealBrowse extension to your Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or both. If the extension has not been deployed automatically by your IT Staff and you need manually install the extension to your browser, please refer to How to manually install the ConcealBrowse extension
- ConcealBrowse Version 0.4.5+
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
Check for the extension
For Google Chrome:
- In your Chrome browser, navigate to your manage extensions page. Ex: chrome://extensions
- If the ConcealBrowse extension is installed, you will see it in this list. (Your specific settings may differ from this image)
If the extension was deployed via silent installation by your IT Staff, (more information below), you should not need to login. If you do need to log in, please refer to the articles below. You cannot log in with SSO until it is integrated through the Conceal dashboard by an administrator.
Analyzing and Isolation
ConcealBrowse analyzes every URL that is clicked on within your browser. If the site is not considered safe, Conceal will give you our scoring on that and give you the option to either continue to the site in isolation, which is a safe environment, or to return to the previous page. Find more information in these related articles:
- How do I know if I'm in isolation?
In some instances, your organization may have policies set in place that will alter your typical browsing experience. A couple examples include being blocked from websites and being redirected to a different site than the one you clicked on. You can always check with your administrator if this is the intended behavior for your organization. For more information on this refer to this related article:
Extension Management Settings
The Conceal extension gives you the option to see statistics based on your browsing and Conceal's analysis, settings to customize and enhance your isolation experience, and give you extension details. Depending on how your administrator has configured your experience, some extension settings may be disabled. Refer to the ConcealBrowse extension interface walkthrough for more details.
*Never hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager for any questions or concerns. You may also open a support ticket at support.conceal.io by scrolling to the bottom and clicking Submit a request.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Clear ConcealBrowse Extension Data on Windows
- ConcealBrowse extension interface walkthrough
- Disabling the Conceal overlay icon
- Does ConcealBrowse replace antivirus or EDR?
- End User Guide for submitting feedback
- Getting started with ConcealBrowse as an end user
- How do I find an extension ID?
- How do I know the latest version of ConcealBrowse?
- How do I prepare for an internal phishing campaign with ConcealBrowse?
- How do I reset my Conceal password?